The information is provided below as a guide only. T&Cs (including prices and taxes) may change without notice.
- Basic insurance cover (LDW) for cars with an excess of $2750 AUD, 4wd and specialty vehicles $5500 (excluding tax and surcharge). Excess reduction insurance needs to be purchased separately.
- Signified kilometre amount (generally unlimited).
- Vehicle Registration
- One way fees if applicable
- Airport taxes and surcharges if applicable.
- All vehicle fees related to the booking, eg. Vehicle drop fees, all recovery fees, premium location fees, corporate location fees wherever applicable.Price Exclusions
- Normal excess amount for cars is $2750 AUD, it can be reduced to $330 by paying $25/day, $27/day for remote locations (excluding local fees and surcharges). Standard liability for 4WDs and specialty vehicles is $5500, it can be reduced to $1100 (excluding taxes and local fee) by paying $29/day (excluding local fees and surcharges).
- Child Seats or booster seats. Child seats are $5.50 per day with a maximum charge of $33.00.
- Extra kilometre travel (if your rental is limited). Each km will be charged at $0.275* depending on location
- If driver age is between 21 to 24, the age surcharge of $16.50* per day.
- GPS $10.95/day* or $55/week*. GPS are subject to availability and can not be guaranteed.
- Any extras signed up for upon arrival, eg. vehicle snow equipment.
- A 3% Administration Fee & Airport Concession Fee (if applicable) will be added to any extra charges and optional extras nominated at time of rental.
* All extra add-ons will attract additional percentage taxes and surcharges.Payment
When you collect your rental car, a Budget representative will take an imprint of your credit card authorising a charge of the total value of the rental plus any applicable security bond. Provided that the vehicle is returned undamaged and no additional charges apply (e.g. fuel), this amount will be charged to your credit card when you return the car. Payment must be made by credit card. The credit card holder must be present when the vehicle is collected.Excess Reduction Insurance
Normal excess amount for cars is $2750 AUD, it can be reduced to $330 by paying $25/day, $27/day for remote locations (excluding local fees and surcharges). Standard liability for 4WDs and specialty vehicles is $5500, it can be reduced to $1100 (excluding taxes and local fee) by paying $29/day (excluding local fees and surcharges).Drivers Licence
The renter must have a full driver's licence for at least 12 months and must present it at the time of rental. Any foreign renter must carry a driver's licence written in English. Any customer carrying a non-English licence must also present an International Driving Permit that is written in English.Credit Card / Debit Cards
All major credit cards are accepted. Some Budget depots may accept Visa/Master debit cards as well. To use a debit card please contact the rental location directly to confirm if it will be accepted.Off Road Driving
Vehicles may not be operated on non-paved roads. Driving of vehicle on beaches is not permitted. Vehicles are not allowed to be taken onto ferries or cross bodies of water.Tow Bars
Tow bars or trailer hitches may not be used with any vehicle.Driver Age / Additional Driver
In Australia the minimum drivier age is 21. An additional surcharge of $16.50 per day applies for the driver ages 21 to 24, regardless of length of rental.Child Safety Seats
Booking price does not inlcude any child seats. Child seats are $5.50 per day with a maximum charge of $33.00.Use of Vehicle (Where you can and cannot drive the vehicle)
Read Full Terms and Conditions
You and any Authorised Driver must only use the Vehicle on a road, which is properly formed and constructed as a sealed, metalled or gravel road.
You and any Authorised Driver must not, unless authorised in writing by Budget, drive or take the Vehicle:
(a) to Kangaroo Island, Fraser Island, Stradbroke Islands or Moreton Island;
(b) into or out of the Northern Territory,Tasmania or to any points in Western Australia north of Carnarvon, Magenetic Island, Groote Eylandt, Gove Peninsula & Tiwi Islands;
(c) in Queensland:
Highway No.27: Beyond Chillagoe in a Westerly direction;
Highway No.1: Beyond Normanton in a Southerly direction and no further North than Karumba;
if the Vehicle is a Passenger vehicle or truck, beyond Cooktown to the North or Lakeland to the West and no further north than Cape Tribulation on the coast road;
on the coast road from helenvale to Cape Tribulation, or from Laura to Lakeland, unless the vehicle is a Group W, 4WD;
above the snow line in Tasmania, New South Wales and Victoria (being Jindabyne in New South Wales and Bright in Victoria) from the beginning of June until the end of September;
in the Northern Territory and Western Australia, outside any city limits between dusk and dawn; or
on beaches or through streams, dams, rivers or floodwaters.